HALLOWEEN

do u allow your kids to participate in halloween parties,trick or treating..or anything of the sort?
is it against your religion or personal choice?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• we love Halloween in my home ... its the one time of year my children can wear their costumes in public. my 4 yr old son still dresses up as spiderman every other day {which is new ... compared to EVERY day as before}. i have family who dont celebrate due to religion. i dont see the harm personally, as long as we're not sacrificing animals & such before eating our candy*, then let us have our fun !!!

*not that its cool to have post-candy sacrificial ceremonies either ;)
    Fanged_Orchid

Answer by Fanged_Orchid at 3:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Lol..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 3:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• we've always celebrated halloween and its a fun thing we all get to do as a family if all the family happens to be together as half the family is military and we're scattered across 2 states now luckily though been spread across half the globe before
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 4:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes they can and we do participate. It isn't against my beliefs or religion because we don't see it as a religious holiday, it's a fun family night. We aren't really celebrating anything but the idea of fun and fantasy.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I love Halloween.. We have a lot of fun during this time of yr...
    And it's not against my beliefs.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ya I see no harm in it as long as your not out too too late and go with the kids
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We dont celebrate. More of an origin thing. We dont celebrate any holidays.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well seeing how my oldest's outfit came last week and this week my youngest's outfit comes, I think we celebrate. We usually trick or treat twice too, lol.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:17 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My kids decide for themselves if they want to go out or not. My hubby and I always support their choice. It doesn't go against anyone's religion in our household so it doesn't matter either way.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I do not allow my children to participate in it. It stems from a pagan practice and has evolved into a day in which there is nothing good to come of it even if you consider it secular. It promotes eating unhealthy things such as candy and generally in unhealthy amounts which promotes diabetes, tooth decay, and obesity. It also encourages kids to dress up as evil things such monsters, demons, etc... It encourages people to be afraid of something and to make others afraid. It is all a waste of money and time. I'm Muslim and we believe that to imitate a people makes you one of them and we should not participate in the holy days of others. Participating in Holloween would make me one of the non-believers so I have no desire to participate in a pagan holiday let aloe a holiday that promotes bad health, greed, and fear.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 9:57 AM on Sep. 27, 2010