clearing your mind

how do u clear your mind of everything at night so u can sleep?

my doc said i have stress related health issues..she said i need i need to learn to clear my mind so i can sleep better but i dont know how..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Health

• i have the same problem--i either try to watch tv or read and drink milk before i lay down--i also try to tell myself that thinking about all this stuff isn't changing anything...im 5 1/2 months pregnant and if i have insomnia really bad i take phenergan it knocks me out
    diamondznjulz

Answer by diamondznjulz at 3:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't take meds..but I have tried tv,an books
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 3:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Picture the flame of a candle. Just focus on that. It takes some time to see it clearly and if you truly focus everything else will melt away.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 4:28 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If you can, take a yoga class. That's one of the things you learn how to do. It teaches you how to focus your mind on other things.
    If you have a lot of things on your mind, keep a journal or pad of paper on your nightstand so you can write everything down. O I think part of the problem when you can't sleep is that you think you're going to forget about important stuff.
    HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 6:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i take a nice walk or sit outside on my dec. ( i live in the forest so its nice to see the trees, feel the wind and listen to the birds)
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• cant afford the yoga classes near me...
    the problem is when i close my eyes an try an focus on anything..i cant..i try to clear it much as possible..
    i tried it a hour ago..i dont fall asleep but all sorts of things just keep popping up...like what i need to buy..what for dinner tonight..things like that..
    could it be affected by the fact that i have ADD..always had a problem focusing..on things to long
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i do yoga, drink chamomile tea and make sure to not watch tv or play games with in an hour before bed because they are known to stimulate brain activity.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• They have relaxation CD,s....maybe you could put one on as you fall asleep.... like white noise....
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 2:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2010