How do I let go of my baby's father??

I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and even though I knew her daddy was a pos I gave him chance after chance. Obviously no change there. Now I have this thing where I wnt to know why!! why is he acting like this? why does he not care? did he ever care---i want to know answers and i get none or he doesn't answer the phone. how do i just let it go and not worry about it???

diamondznjulz

Asked by diamondznjulz at 3:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how old are you? Just wondering cause i just went through the same thing
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 3:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'll tell you my quick story... I am 27 yrs old my baby daddy left me when i was 6 months prego. I was MADLY in love with him and still am to this day... I am now 1 day away from my due date: ) I had to get over mine fast because my depression ended me in the hospital after we split... I couldn't eat / drink / sleep i lost 20 lbs in 3 days and had to be put on an IV for the babys sake... after that I surrounded myself with strong women and strong friends... I found comfort in prayer... also I started doing thing on my own that I never did before... I went camping by myself, I went on a super long road trip by myself, I tried new hobbies and went out of my way to meet new friends...
    Its been 3 months since we split and the more the time passes the easier it is for me to talk to him...
    It took him along time to give me all of my answers (why) but now that i understand him and what had happened it makes me feel better
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 3:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We are still not together even though i do still very much love him with my whole heart.... but i have hope that we will be together again... and if not well then that is ok too.... because i know once my daughter arrives any day now she will take up so much of my love and time i won't care about anything else.... I also know that she is already starting to fill that void that he left in my heart: )
    your answers will come with time dear
    time and forgiviness.... I'm not sure if you believe in God but if you do all of his answers come with time as well....
    You need to heal a little first before you might be able to understand... It will get easier just keep praying for strength
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 3:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If he is not there for you now, he will not be there for you or your baby once she is born!!!! It will just cause more heartache for both of you........ Concentrate on the baby, and be social - go out with friends family etc.... GOOD LUCK
    Doreen633

Answer by Doreen633 at 4:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I know it's hard right now because you want to know why things are the way they are but sounds like he does not deserve to even talk to you. I agree with Doreen- he will most likely not be there for you and will probably add more stress to the situation. Try to meet other moms that have the interests in you and let them be your support group. GL and congrats on the baby!
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 7:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry I hope things get better for you and the little one ((hugs))
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• some men are not mature enough to know when to step up. he may be scared that you are preg he dosent want to tell you because hes a man and he can handle anything yeah right, but what we feel while being pregnant they cant feel just yet maybe he needs to see the baby and actually hold her to know but even then you have to be there for your baby and give her a solid home life g/l though i know it must be tough!!
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have to say I DON'T agree with Doreen simply because... from experience... My babys father didn't talk to me at all when we split up for a long time and now that we have both cooled down alot its easier to talk.... He may not be in my life besides the Dr appts BUT i know he will be there for his daughter and I know he will love her very much....
    I understand this is not true in all cases but for mine it is... I have held on to hope and I have kept the lines of communication open. I never went out of my way to be rude or cruel to him (because I do love him) and I would NEVER deny him from any part of his daughter ... In my case i think he was just scared and I think i was VERY controling during my pregnancy and that freeked him out... Hold onto your hope if YOU want to girl... you never know what can happen.... and if you really do in ur heart think he's a pos then let him go
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 1:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Stop. Walk away. You need a life for you and your baby.
    kimsardo

Answer by kimsardo at 11:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• let go NOW and dont look back! (i wish i would have, now i am dealing with it and will until he finally gets tired of chasing me and trying to make my life a living hell) he cares nothing about our child together (his actions show this without a doubt) and my advice from experience is to do it NOW, dont think twice about it and you and your baby will live a healthy happy life. he isnt worth it
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010