ok i hope u ladies can give me some advise

I want to loose at least 20 pounds before my birthday wich is in november but i cant seem to stop drinking soda what can i do?

littlehailey1

Asked by littlehailey1 at 3:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If you're having a hard time quitting because of "caffeine withdraws", I would suggest adding Vitamin B-12 to your diet. Whether its through A multi-vitamin or juice. It can help boost your energy levels. I personally like Crystal Lite's Energy Wild Strawberry. It has a little caffeine and vitamin B-12, It also has only 5 calories per serving. I would also STOP buying soda completely. You could even put the money that you spend on Soda into a jar and save for something nice. I hope my advice helped. I quit drinking soda, it is possible, but its definitely not easy. Good luck!
    married2thenavy

Answer by married2thenavy at 3:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I haven't drank soda in a couple weeks.. so it is like if I did get to - it would be a treat *present to myself* LOL... My dh doesn't need to drink them so unfortunately for me..byebye soda. Just joking it was my choice. I choose to try to help and support him by not drinking them. It was hard at first.. I was craving that caffeine. Instead, I have bought 24 packs of water and crystal light mixes. They really aren't bad. I like the lemonade kind. Or I just make some coffee or sweet tea. You can do it but its like the whole thing *out of sight, out of mind*.... Other than that, what about a low carb diet and going to the gym to exercise. It might not exactly just make you drop weight but it could help tone your body! Sorry I don't have more advice for you. I do wish you the best of luck tho!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Cut back on your carbs. That workde for me.

Answer by louise2 at 5:49 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Get flavored water instead, it does not have the embty calories and a little bit more healthy for you.

blackqueen918

Answer by blackqueen918 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Have you tried diet soda? Or, carbonated flavored water? I cut soda completely out a few years ago, I just drink water, unsweetened iced tea, or black coffee. After the first week, I didn't want soda anymore.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• 20 pounds in 2 months is NOT a healthy goal. It may be possible, but losing that much that fast will likely not stay off. When it doesn't stay off, it comes back with friends.

If you've not seen it yet, go check out SparkPeople.com, set a healthy goal, and you can get some diet and exercise suggestions, etc.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• in my experience i drank a slim fast shake in the morning and at lunch and only ate til i felt slightly full for dinner and i lost 20 pounds in about two months but i also was working so that may have contributed. im a big soda drinker too ( better than constantly drinking alcohol) but take everyones advice and choose what you think is best for you since you know your body best.
    Glowey

Answer by Glowey at 4:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i just lost 20 pounds in a month by going off pop and do not drink diet soda it has sugars that wont burn off and you might even gain weight. and all i did is drink flavored water ,crystal light, juices it is alot easier than you think but on top of that i cut my poretions i eat off a kids plate so i feel like im getting alot but i actully get good servings and move around the house or work out just cleaning house burns hundred of calories. every movement burns so just tinker around as much as possible. it is so possible and not that difficult
    faith86

Answer by faith86 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• if you can safely lose 2 lbs a week, then you can lose about 16 lbs in two months. like suggested before, try carbonated juices, or water. the sugar in soda is just not good for you. If possible start cutting the amount you drink down. if you drink 8 cans a day. cut it down to 6, then the next day 4, and so on until you reach 0 or even just 1! you can do it!
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 1:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• cold turkey.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010