This happens right before my period sometimes...

I get a weepy sore in my nose. It starts as a bump and drives me crazy. I've been to the doctor for it and it's just white blood cells...a sign of my body fighting infection. But they cannot tell me why it happens or what it is. It's dry and painful. I usually try putting salve on it and that helps but it lat 2-4 weeks. Any one had this happen? I am super savvy with herbal medicine..physician heal thyself! Help!

BluDog

Asked by BluDog at 3:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Health

• This happens to me, too, but not just before my period. I would say to keep doing what you're doing; I'm sure not if there's anything to keep them from coming back. Kind of like pimples/zits.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Are you sure it's not a cold sore? it's possible to get cold sores in your nose. I get them in my nose when I am under some sort of physical stress. They weep, itch, ache, swell, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I never thought about a cold sore because I don't really get cold sores. Very rarely in the corners of my mouth if I share drink out of a shared glass, like at a restaurant. I guess because it starts as a lump I thought maybe a boil. I'll try treating it as a coldsore and see if that helps. I'll try anything at this point. .
    BluDog

Comment by BluDog (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2010