first ultrasound question

Ok so 2 weeks ago I had my first ultrasound and I am a little worried. I was 8 weeks 6 days according to my last menstrual cycle the tech said my baby was measuring 6 weeks exactly. And the sac was large. She said my hormones could have been off and I ovulated late, but I am worried. Even though she said everything looked good. This was the tech not the Dr. What do you all think. I am a little nerotic because I had 3 miscarriages this past year.

nicbillera

Asked by nicbillera at 8:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When they go by the last menst. its just a estaiment(sp?) You could accually be 2 weeks off. I was due april 7th with my dd (now 2 1/2) but had her on march 26th and when i went in for heavy bleeding around 14 weeks they did an ultrasound and it estaimeted her due date march 30. So it just depends. My sil was mesauring 2-3 weeks ahead of what she was until 34 weeks then she was measuing at 34 weeks. So it could just be the baby is growning slow right now and could catch up in a few weeks. Don't worry about miscarring to much. You don't need stress right now. Just think bout that cutie growing in you and take it one day at a time. Let us know what happens. And if you need to talk you can always send me a message. Good Luck
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 8:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i cant help you on this note,but ask your doctor tell them you scaried or worried
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 8:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The first ultrasound is actually the most accurate in telling you when baby is due. My OB just explained that to em as well b/c I had another u/s at 14 wks and they wanted to move my due date up 3 days... well my OB said no b/c the first u/s is the best at knowing when the baby is due...... So you might have just been of in calculating, don't worry too much! Just try to calm down. We had a stillborn and am preggo again, i know how hard it is.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• if they say 6 weeks then its 6 weeks yes they arent drs but thats what they do and im sorry but some drs are idiots and cant read them lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• it's probably fine! Ask for another ultrasound if you're worried. If you are 6 weeks or farther, they should be able to see a heartbeat.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 11:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008