how can you get a child out of the spitting stage?

toybar02

Asked by toybar02 at 4:31 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm gonna get attacked for this but who gives a f*ck. I've been attaccked since I joined. My oldest was about 3 and he spit on my kitchen floor. I made him lick it off the floor(my floors are always clean enough to eat off of). Never did it again. My 3rd spit on me and I slapped him. Never did it again.
    olivia3579

Answer by olivia3579 at 5:44 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well I would spit back on them...or I would probably agree with a light pop bc to me thats just nasty..to me spit is just as bad as blood..cant stand it..my uncles son spit on my sd two or threee times and my dad caught him these kids were 9 and 11.. my dad walked up and told her to spit back on him, after that he never done it again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• olivia! I will not attack you! When my chidl spit, I made her clean it, and also she got soap in her mouth! Never did it again! Youre a good mommy olivia, so relax!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Spitting in anger is just an angry childs way of not knowing what to do with his anger. I made my kids spit repeatedly in the sink, and told them that is the only place we spit. I stood there and made them spit until they were out of spit...never spit again.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010