is it normal that my 10 week baby only wants to be carried by me?

She wants to only be around me-does not like to be carried by father, nanny or grandmothers.

valeriatb

Asked by valeriatb at 10:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was the same way, and it lasted for about 3 weeks. I bought a slink and it saved my life. Enjoy it. I won't last for long.
    MaeleesMom31708

Answer by MaeleesMom31708 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• you carried your baby for almost a yaer inside you, of course she likes you more. To change this, show her that its ok, that you love these people, and its ok for her to love them too. She'll get it soon, but in the mean time... make sure you let dad know its nothing personal and its compltetly normal. My husband was destroyed when my son wanted only me in the beginning. Now he loves us both and grabs for both of us. Hes 6 months now, and he started warming up at about 3 months or so. He still doesn't like my husbands parents though, but I can't blame him lol. good luck
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yes, it's normal. Have her spend short intervals of time with other people, with you sitting at their sides. She'll eventually start to trust the other people more and more.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It's very normal. My little girl did the same thing. She wasn't even feeling her daddy. But she slept in the bed with us for awhile and eventually it was only me and her daddy that she wanted. My brother lives with us and she still didn't want anything to do with him. She was about 4/5 mon when she started dealing with my brother. But enjoy these moments. Because now I can barely get a hug. She is so independent. anyway, good luck.
    mommyB830

Answer by mommyB830 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2008