What would you say to your mother if everytime you get pregnant she tries to talk you into aborting it?

I am pregnant with my third child and my mom always pressures me to abort them. Whats wrong with this woman, I love her because she is my mother but I am seriously thinking about cutting her out of my life altogether. Shes not really around anyway and when i ask her to watch my kids even for a couple hours she acts like she doesnt want to.

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 5:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• What?! Well, she maybe your mother but you are a grown adult that can make your own choices, right? Then, I would tell her that she shouldn't bother because it's not going to happen. And, "Guess what... You're a GRANDMA so act like one!" That's just wrong.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:36 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If you are over 18. You just tell her NO, I am not doing that. Are you a single mom? If so that might be the reason.
    Being a grandma myself. It is not our job to watch your kids. At any time.

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well I am totally 100% pro-life, but I guess it really depends on the situation they are being boring into.. If the mother was poor, and couldn't take care of the children, or was just a bad parent...etc.... i would atleast suggest adoption first...

but if this doesn't apply to you, I would tell her to mind her damn business...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'd tell her to go stuff herself honestly. Mother or no, there's no excuse for that. As the above mentioned, if your not in a position to care for the baby consider adoption first. And if she thinks that you should abort, she doesn't need to be watching your other two kids.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree with SalemWitchChild. Also stop telling her. There is nothing wrong with cutting people out of your life. (I know Im going to get down voted for this answer) My egg donor (Mother) did the same thing when I called to tell her I was pregnant... I ended up not talking to her until I had my son.... In the end I cut her totally out of my life a few years ago... There were other reasons.. But you have to do what you have to do..

But I really would just stop telling her that your pregnant....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• mind your own business, mother, and btw mom, thats an effed up thing to say to your little girl. Love you, too.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:34 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Ok either she has a mental disorder or she has a valid reason for saying this to you. I am PRO LIFE....so to me there is no valid reason. But I guess some people have better reasons than others.....do you have a nice family...can support a child decently, loving mother and father....etc....basically the things a child needs? (not saying this is true, just asking)

If the answer is YES...then your mother has a REAL problem. no normal grandmother would say this EVER! Maybe she needs to be evaluated by a Dr or something.

But otherwise, YES I would cut her out! That is a horrible thing to say about your baby!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:03 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't say anything because she and I would not be on speaking terms. I can say that with absolute certainty because I do not speak to my mother. I don't allow crazy to enter my life. That is crazy that your mother wants you to terminate a pregnancy you want and to suggest a medical procedure you don't want. Its one thing for a mother to stand by her daughter during a difficult period of time and to support hard choices. But to try and convince you of something that is not even a question for you......sick.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:34 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I can't believe a mother would even think something like that, never mind say it. This child would be her grandchild, how can she even utter those words..............I'm sorry she is like that with you hon, but you do what your heart tells you, and as for her baby sitting, I think not. Apparently the woman doesn't like children.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i'm pro-life, but even if i were pro-choice, it's CHOICE!!! and she's obviously thinking she can choose for you. pp said it right - stop telling her. i know you want to, to have her celebrate this wonderful thing for you, but you and i both know she's not going to be nice about it. i would start black holing her (not going to her and telling her information, if she wants it, she'll ask), and then eventually cutting her out of my life, if that were me.
    i had a mil like that, and my biodad, too. you don't need that kind of crap in your life - you get in enough of it in your kids' diapers.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 9:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2010