What is my chances of getting pregnant if a woman only has one ovary and her first pregnancy had a "missed miscarriage"?

missed abortion was aug14,2010....then had the regular period sept22......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• well i lost my left ovary at age 12. I was told the chances of me getting pregnant were slim . 9 pregnancies and 3 children later i would say that 1 ovary can do the job
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 5:54 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am not sure but this is a good sign that you can get pregnant! Maybe you will have success like BlacksheepSati!! Dont give up! I feel like it will happen. Just wanted to send some baby dust!

baby dust

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 7:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You were able to get pregnant, and that's a good sign! I only have part of my right ovary (no left), and my right tube is completely blocked. I was able to have 3 children; it took me 7 years for the first, 2 for the second, and 5 for my last. It can happen! Good luck.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• One ovary can do the job just fine. I think the miscarriage is a totally different problem from the one ovary. You ovulated right? That's its job so it sounds like your ovary working great.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i agree with scuba gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2010