does your dh always "forget" to do something?

i feel like i get this excuse A LOT and then when i remind him to do something he says "thanks for the confidence in me" or "how stupid do you think i am?" but when i don't remind him...it doesn't get done!! what to do? it's VERY frustrating. and his "whoa is me" remarks are pissing me off!

pmg1030

Asked by pmg1030 at 5:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• They're men they always forget something unless it's something they want to do like cars or hunting but my man always says why didn't you remind me he wants to be reminded then I feel like his mom LOL!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:03 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yeah Dh forgets, but he's not an ass when I remind him either.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:43 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My soon to be ex husband uses that excuse a lot so much so that our daughter is now trying to use it as well
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• What are you reminding him about?
    How are you addressing him?
    Are you nagging or being his mother? Or are you asking him nicely as an adult partner?

Its all in your delivery sometimes what reactions we will get from people. Also depends what it is and what his own views are on it. We don't have his side on this or any real details. :) Good luck
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:31 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• well an example is that i cooked dinner and didn't have time to clean the kitchen because i go to bed at 7:30pm caus ei have to be up for work by 2:30am. so i might say "hey can you please take care of the kitchen cause i gotta go bed" and then he will tell me yeah and he will sit there. and i might go lay down to go to sleep and get up hours later to use the bathroom and he's still on the couch and the kitchen's not cleaned so before heading back to bed i might say "don't forget the kitchen please" and that's when he gets snooty. but because of past experience, i know, that if he hasn't already done it then he is probably or already has forgotten about it because i used to not remind him and then i'd wake up to a messy kitchen.

that's just one example
    pmg1030

Comment by pmg1030 (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yeah I know what ya mean. My hubby loves to say that or " i was spending time with the kids", which means watching TV. But I've learned to pick my battles. To use your example - when the dishes dont get done and he wants dinner the next night I tell him "hey honey let me know when you get the kitchen cleaned up so I can start dinner" Ive had to do this quite a few times and just make something for the kids and not him (ridiculous right?) . Now this was only after numerous times of him not helping, But when I'm working and doing a,b,c,and d and he only has to do z, well he just needs to do z and help out. Good luck.
    1boyand4girls

Answer by 1boyand4girls at 9:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Same as Kyliesmom5. My STBX did the same and my son would copy it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2010