Does grilling chicken breast on an indoor grill raise chances of getting cancer?

I have read that cooking meats at a sustained high temperature produces carinogens that cause cancer. I just recently went on a diet and decided to eat healthier and bought me a new indoor grill to grill my chicken breast on and now i am reading about how cooking meats on high temperature such as grilling on charcoal and grilling on indoor grill increases chances of getting cancer from it. You can't win for loosing. And i thought i was doing myself a favor by buying the indoor grill, and now i am going to be scared to use it. :(

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 6:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Health

• If that's true, then I have cancer. Depending on how reliable your source is, I wouldn't worry about it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have seen this "study" and I have also seen ones stating exactly the opposite. Use your own common sense - millions of people eat grilled foods everyday, KWIM?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yes i would at least look into it. i have heard somthing like this. its def somthing i wouldnt want to just "not worry about' like the first poster said..
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I get comments all the time from people, like comments like Well everything causes cancer, and some people say not to worry, but hey, if i can avoid little things to avoid getting cancer, i am going to avoid those things if i can. No food is worth getting cancer for, adn i will do my best to avoid certain things studies say that cause cancer. A lady i work with said she heard that too about grilling and she puts aluminum foil on her indoor grill between the hot plates and her food so the heat won't get so hot on her food. That makes sense to me.
    Honda309

Comment by Honda309 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I never heard that. I asked my husband, a chef, he's never heard that. You want the fat grilled off for a healthier meal. That, I think, would be the point. That's the best way~
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 2:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010