we have a mouse!!!!

no clue how it got in or anything...dh thought he saw it the other night run under our oven but didn't say anything..and then it was in our bathroom today and ran under the door before dh could get to it...we don't have anything out for it to get in for...we have a 2 yr old so i don't want to pit traps down and we don't have a cat which would be so helpful, lol...how do I get rid of this thing?!

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 7:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• okay if you can afford it, order the rat zapper or something like it.

http://www.ratzapper.com/

We had a mouse problem & (I wasn't allowed to have cats) where I use to live... I put dog food in the bottom of it, & turned it on at night. It'll beep when its been set off. & It will not hurt your child if they get a hold of it. It will shock them, but not enough to hurt them..... & makes it so the mouse/rat looks like its a sleep. I dont know if the price has gone down, but if you have one, you'll have more, & its just now coming out because its getting use to the sounds of the house.

Also if you live near the woods or fields, you'll have more.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• our mice (and many bugs) mysteriously vanished after we got our cats...odd ;-)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Glad I'm not the only one! My husband woke me up with this issue. He slept in the living room and saw two of them running around the kitchen! I have 2 cats but am going to get a rat trap also!!

www.creativetampabay.zenfolio.com
    Kristine
    KPentonPhotos

Answer by KPentonPhotos at 7:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i have 3 mouse cathers my cats lol love them
    BabyAngel2011

Answer by BabyAngel2011 at 7:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• where there is 1 there are usually many more...I found this out the hard way... We lived in an apartment at the time so they sent a company to set out bait/poison under the stove and behind the fridge...luckily I never found any dead and they dissapeared shortly after.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When I lived with my mother, we had field mice that got in quite often when the weather started to get cool. They are looking for a warm place. We found sticky traps at the store. These do not smash the mice, instead you put them under stuff or behind stuff that your child cannot reach. (we put ours under the sink in the kitchen) Then put like a small piece of cheese or peanut butter in the center of the sticky trap. The mouse will get on there and not be able to get off...you simply pick the trap up with mouse on it and throw it out. Where we live now, I have seen lots of mice outside, but because my cat is an outside cat, I have never had one get in my house. She always eats them first
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Get a cat! LOL
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 9:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Just put the mouse trap in a spot where your child won't reach it, but the mouse will. Like behind your fridge. The old school mouse trap was the only thing that worked well for us (in our old home). We just put it in areas where the baby could never get to. We killed 3 mice, glad we got them in time before they started making LOTS of mice. The breed pretty quickly & if you don't take care of it soon, you could easily have an infestation.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree put the traps out your kids' way or get a cat sit for a friend that way you can give it back after the mouse is gone.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Mice run the walls, so just put them out of reach of your children. Better to put a trap than have it running and pooping in your house with 40 of its closest friends.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010