How do I dry steel toe boats. My husband was in the rain yesterday and wants them dry before he has to go back to work today.

Can I throw them in the dryer or will the "steel" effect the machine? Urrgh, and they were supposed to be waterproof, so much for that.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My stepdad worked in the snow and ended up with wet boots a lot. He basically used a blow dryer. He made a drying rack for both using pvc pipe and a blow dryer. Set the blow dryer on low and put it in the boot until it is dry but make sure its not getting too hot. Good luck! When they are dry he can put a waterproofer on them and they should be good again.
    Butter331

Answer by Butter331 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would tell him to figure it out. LOL Make him hold the Hairdryer on them till they dried...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• no that would break your machine, sadly they have to air dry, he may be outta luck here ;(
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:54 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• for some things like heavy comforters that take forever to dry, I'll hang them up in the basement and let a fan blow on em for the entire day and night.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I open them up real good & put them over the AC/heating vent. Regardless if the air is cold, or hot....it usually dries them out very well in about a day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:45 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You can buy special boot dryers they are sold at stores that sell hunting/fishing stuff...otherwise you just open them up as much as you can, tip them upside down on top of a heater vent or if it is still hot where you are then leave them in the sun
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• *boots, boots, not boats!
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2010