Tell me about Braxton Hicks contractions....how do you know if thats what they are, what week do they start?

I am about 21 weeks....and lately my stomach has been feeling tight...but it doesnt really come and go like a contraction. It just comes and stayes for a long time....like at least an hour.

My stomach sort of feels sore or tight...cant tell the difference really...strange feeling.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• braxton hicks usually come around your 2nd to the last trimester...my sis was unlucky and had them through out her prgnancy
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 8:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• im 31 weeks now and around 20 weeks i started gettin them just felt my stomach get tight but not painful at all if you ask you ob about them he can give you more info but you just know when its time to go this is my second child and with my first the braxton hicks felt nothing like the real thing
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It could be BH but I would ask your ob to be on the safe side.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am pregnant with my 3rd and I with all three I started having braxton hicks at 20 weeks. They can start anytime and with each pregnancy it maybe different times or none at all. Call your dr and let them know at your next appt. if anything so they can monitor you if need be. I was given Procardia at 28 weeks to control them because I am having then every 5-10mins.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010