When your husband ADMITS it's his fault the family overslept and the kids are late for school, shouldn't he have to be the one who drives them there?

The alarm is on his side of the bed and he said he thought he checked last night so see if the alarm was on but obviously it wasn't. Only the radio (dull news radio too) came on instead of the alarm.

And he woke up early today and thought my oldest dd was up because he saw the hallway light on so he went back to sleep w/o checking if she really was.

I calmly told him that I didn't want to drive them b/c I'd have to get out the car b/c they were late and I saw he didn't want to do it too but I'll do it anyways b/c that's what women do in the relationship; they always are the ones sacraficing. And as I was getting dressed, I shut a drawer a little fast and he just blew up, saying he would take them. Fine, I was ok w/that. Thats what I wanted all along so I let him be mad and take them. Mondays are my day to take them but he 'owed' me a day b/c I did it Thursday for him when he said he just didn't feel like getting up.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• were the kids actually late for school? if not, get over it. your teamwork has to include room for 'changes' and missteps. that's what a team does..carries the other when he/she falls.
    just a little sidenote: i always double-check the alarm, even when dh says he set it. pick your battles. this little bump straight-up on a monday could screw you up for days if you let it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• think you all need to work as a team and accept people make mistakes. At least he owned up to it. Let it go and roll from there.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think you're both making too much out of something thats not that big a deal. You tried to guilt trip him, with IMO is manipulative. If you didn't want to take them, you should have just said no and gone about your day.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It was just a mistake.. our little "systems" don't work 100% of the time.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Very Petty.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• In marriage, you def have to choose UR battles. ;) But as much as I adore and love my husband, he too, can take much advantage of the sleeping in every day. So I kinda feel for ya here. Tell him lovingly to suck it up and do it. LOL He owes ya. :P
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree he should realize that he isnt the only one that tierd and with that in mind if its his turn then he should follow through! I know that in my house that my hubby will not get up to make sure the kids are awake... its just my job and every once in a while he steps in. I have learned to except that this is something that not worth fighting about. Now on the other hand when I go to bed and he complains about not having free time with you, then you can say look I have to get up with the children. Only fair!

Best Wishes to you!
    Annie
    lovinmy3babies

Answer by lovinmy3babies at 8:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's great that you see your kids as such a chore that the two of you fight over who HAS to do something for them.

Grow up!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree that it was just a mistake, and him not taking them one time because the alarm didn't go off does not mean he is just taking. I agree with picking your battles, and working as a team.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It happens, you should remind him every night to set the alarm and set your own, that's what me and my hubby do, 2 alarms never late! So I think both of you are to blame.SORRY!

mcme

Answer by mcme at 12:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010