What age is a baby suppose to be off of baby food??

my daughter is 8 months. she's already off of the bottle (Not my choice) i tried out the sippy cup and all of the sudden she was done with the bottle, anyways.. you know how you let your baby try your food here and there, like veggies, potatoes, break or fries ECT... she's now becoming uninterested in her baby food.

is this bad?? do i need to just move up on the baby food level and by the little graduates meals???

Any advice for me on this?? THanks :)
~Steph

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD was completely off of babyfood at about 8-9 months because she got all of he teeth and wanted to chew.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 8:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my 10m old has been off baby food for about a month. her choice. I buy her the graduate meals and she LOVES them. she likes that she can chew them up. she is still on the bottle but only at nap and bed time.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Mine was mostly off baby food by 8-9 months (she liked the fruits though), and was well off the bottle by then as well...we were actually told to start the sippy cup at 6 months, and that she should be completely off it by 12 months, and to introduce finger foods once she was sitting up on her own, and could pick up and grasp objects--learning to feed themselves helps with fine motor skills. We were just told to make sure the food was soft, easy to swallow, and breaks down easily, and watch her to make sure she didn't choke.

We never bothered with the graduate meals...she didn't really care for them--but she did like the puffs they make.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My daughter just turn 9 months. She became less interest in her baby food about a month ago and very interest in what we eat. We still give her baby food. But I don't bother buying those Gerber baby meat stuff. Instead I made my own. I would boil the chicken or polk until very tender and then peel them up and put in her bowl separate from her baby veggie. I would feed her the veggie and every couple spoon, i would give her the meat. She loves it and at the same time she finishes her veggie. We are working to finish using all the baby food that we brought. After that, we'll just going make our own vegetable. Don't bother with the graduate meals. You can make your own. It would be even more healthier.
    Anonymous

• Being off the bottle is actually a good thing! it's better for her teeth. Just keep giving her formula or breast milk until she is a year old. Table food is fine too. Just make sure she can chew everything ok. And go easy on the salt and other seasonings as they can upset her stomach.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• All babies are different. All you can really say is that sometime by the age of 2 she will be eating table food. If she reaches 18 months and is still refusing "people" food, talk to your doctor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2008