• In the Spotlight:

Almost 3 wks ago I went to the doc because for a long time I've been having pain in my pelvic area, he ordered a pelvic ultrasound, and discovered that I have a cyst on my right ovary. Well, I should have had my period about a week later, and the ultrasound tech even noted that I was about a week away from my cycle, but I still haven't had my period. With the bloodwork, pelvic exam and ultrasound, wouldn't they have seen if I was pregnant? What's going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you might not be pregnant maybe just stressed i know i had cysts on my ovaries and it screwed my periods up big time
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Make sure you let you doc know you haven't gotton it. When I was 16 i had a large cyst on my right ovary...I wasn't getting my period, and I could not have been preggo. The doctor found out that my cyst was filling with blood..hence no period. If he hadn't found it when he did, I would have propbably lost my ovary or died. Good luck--Hope you get well soon!
    mommyluvsphilip

Answer by mommyluvsphilip at 8:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Would the cyst make me feel like puking? It's like I'm having all the symptoms of being pregnant!
    Anonymous

• IDK---Mine didn't, it just gave me shooting pain!
    mommyluvsphilip

Answer by mommyluvsphilip at 10:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• They may not have noticed it if they weren't looking for it. Take a test!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008