Has anyone took a pregnacy test before your missed period but got a negative....then

2 weeks later took another one around the time you are supposed to start your period and it turns out you were pregnant??

jamiesmom1

Asked by jamiesmom1 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They are not supposed to work until a couple of days before. I didn't think I was pregnant so I tested late but my sister got a negative before she got a positive.
    jbh66

Answer by jbh66 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yes I had a tendency to test to early, to anxious to wait I guess, but I have had that happen
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I have had something similar. I had the symptoms of being pregnant and kept trying the pregnancy tests, only to get a negative. Then it went to a faint pos. Then a pos. It was very frustrating. I was 7 weeks preg. by the time I got a pos. And to be sure, I got a blood test done at my doctor's.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 10:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yes I Took THe Pregnancy Test The Day Before I Would Miss My Period And Came Out Negative Then the Next Day It Was Positive
    Krazysexychef

Answer by Krazysexychef at 10:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• yep - it hapened about 4 months ago! (i am 4 months along)
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If you are taking a test 2 weeks before your period is supposed to start, then it's almost certainly going to be a negative. Any time you test too early you are running the risk of having a false negative.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 11:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• yes i have taken a hpt everyday since sunday....my period isnt due til tuesday but i have all the pregnancy symptoms....all my tests have been neg so far.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Because at home pregnancy tests measure levels of hcg hormone in your urine, the test works at different times for every woman, because every woman's body works in its own way to an extent. So, the day of implantation, some women already get morning sickness from all the hormones and other women may never experience it. If your urine doesn't have enough of the hormone, the home test cannot pick it up and it could take weeks.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yes, that happened to me with my 2nd pregnancy...I took one of those tests you take up to 5 days before your period and it was negative, then when it was time for me to start my period it never came so I took another test about a week and a half later and it turned out I was pregnant :)
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 12:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It's been known to happen! Testing with the first days urine in the morning after you're already late works out the best. I tested with a digital and got my positive.
    tizzanny

Answer by tizzanny at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2008