In 25 words or less, explain the game of football to me.

I'm most confused about the points system. How much a for a touchdown and how much are field goals and what other ways are there to earn points?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• touchdown 6 points.. then they try for a field goal kick (worth one) or a two-point converstion (worth 2) they usally just go for the one.. which brings a total of 7 to a touchdown... another way to earn points... if they get close enough to their end zone (where they are run to score the points) they can kick a field goal worth 3 points if made :)..anything else? lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Touchdown 6 points--good kick adds a point,making it 7 points. Field goal, 2 points but I have no clue what a field goal is.
    Football means a bunch of big,dim-witted guys in hugely padded uniforms crashing into each other and sports comentators screaming their lungs out. @@
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Boring as heck, but I love basketball.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Lol, gertie. I don't know why someone would vote your answer down. It's your opinion. It's not bad advice. Good grief, people need to get a grip.

Pretty much what she said. Yes, I also find it boring but I will watch it with my hubby to spend time with him.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You can also get points but tackling the other team in their own end zone it is called a safety. Th ball is moved down the field in 10 yard intervals. If they do not make the 10 yards in 4 tries then they turn the ball over to the other teams. The intervals are called downs.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Throw ball, fall down, watch commercial, clock moves 5 seconds. The points are as previous have said - touchdown is 6, extra point is 1 (or 2 pt conversion), field goal is 3, safety is worth 2 points.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010