Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

parenting classes

I want to go to a parenting class, I think. I have a very short fuse, and I DO NOT want to end up like my mother. I don't want to spank my children I want to teach them right from worng. I am affraid that I am going to end up like her because that is how I was raised and I hated it. Would a parenting class help? What do they do there? How would I go about finding a class and going to it?Who would I call? Thanks for the advice in advanced

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • if you have a short fuse, I'd recommend anger management classes or DBT classes (this is a behavioral therapy class that teaches you how to deal with emotions like anger)

    you should be able to call your local health department for information on parenting classes though. They generally have the best list as they give it to young parents.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

  • call a local hospital childbirth class center or a local birthing center, they can refer you either to a parenting class or to a list of childbirth educators who can find one for you.

    Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

  • Just the fact that you worry about it makes you a better mommy! Good for you. Anything to help improve yourself could never hurt. Just know it is a good thing that you are worried!

    Answer by salexander at 1:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • i know a place that does parenting classes for free

    Answer by boohanna at 2:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.