Really?

Look, I get that smoking while pregnant is bad! I smoed with all 5 of mine. Is that a good thing...NO! But my doctor recommended that I only cut back because of my fetal stress tests when I quit! I guess my point is that noone really know why some people do what they do! To be so cruel about it, sems a little presumptious! I guess what I want to know is why do people think that being cruel and instantly judging is the right answer? Wouldn't the right thing, be to ask the mother why she still smokes? I mean I am a great mother, and to make me or anyone fell so terrible about anything is sad, and cruel! I am NOT DUMB! I do everything I do based on my OB! And to clarify, I do not smoke in my home, in public, or in my car. SO how is this anyones business? And to say people who smoke should have their kdis taken? WOW! Yes, the foster care system is soooo much better than a good home!...GRRRR

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I agree that you shouldn't smoke while pregnant.. but I do it anyway! =(.. Its hard to quit.. A lot of people judge quickly because they think they are perfect.. So what they didn't smoke while they were pregnant, maybe they're the ones that beat their kids.. You never know! I would just ignore the judgmental assholes!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• OP dont let holier than thou ignorant bored women affect you personally.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:05 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would find a new doctor. I haven't heard of any test that would find it worse to quit smoking than to continue. Continuing to smoke endangers your babies life. I quit the DAY I found out I was pregnant...
    I have no issue with people doing whatever they want to themselves feel free to drink, smoke do drugs whatever you would like. When you are harming another person I have an issue. It is not good for the baby for you to smoke.... that is the issue... it is a proven fact that you are putting your child at risk. Your doctor is a moron.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think that people are so quick to judge because of all the research that has been done to prove that there are negative side effects of smoking.. That being said it IS YOUR choice to choose to do that.. my mother smoked until she got pregnant with both me and my brother (27 years ago) and was around second hand smoke her entire pregnancy- I had severe breathing problems growing up (was on oxygen for the first 2 years of my life) and I still suffer from asthma as an adult. While I do not judge you for smoking (we all do things that people disagree with) but I do think you may want to reconsider.. AND find a new OB.
    AND I do not think that you should have your children taken from you.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 10:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yeah, my mom smoked with all of us, too, and we all have the breathing problems to show for it. If you went to a doctor that told you not to quit while pregnant, you should have found a different doctor.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• right on supermommy!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well loving angels, you are just the person I am talking abot ( type of person) I have been to over 8 doctors on over 3 military posts, and 2 civilian,and always the same, you are just as dumb as others...HA
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's no one's business - some people think that they are always right, and that it's appropriate to be nasty to others. I pity their ignorance.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• mommy2, really! ou have never had a doctor tell someone that the fact that your baby is going into fetal stess form you quitting is bad...you are so right, I should have just let the baby die! You are an evil woman!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• she stated that she has NEVER heard of a test that would say that...well what is... a fetal stress test? OR the fact that she isnt a doctor.that is a problem. when you speak of all you know but have never studied it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010