I don't...do you?

I wear a size 14, I don't consider myself "fat". I know I could lose some weight, but for the most part I'm happy with the way I look. I've had two singleton births and twins. My dh never comes out and says it but say's thing like..."We could get you an exercise machine or you could join a gym if you like" Just wanted what other people thought of that size. Please give your honest opinion :)

cmorbeauty

Asked by cmorbeauty at 10:05 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I think that numbers shouldn't matter, but if you feel happy and healthy, and are happy with yourself, then you are much farther along than most women! I have been a size 2 with eating disorders, and couldn't have been more depressed and sad, now I'm a 10/12 and eat healthy, and although I wish I was thinner, feel so much better about myself. I have come to appreciate that my body has been able to sustain a baby and give birth - what an amazing thing; that the body I was so against for so many years has given me the greatest gift ever:) Confidence and happiness means so much more than a size you wear!
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 1:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I gained a lot of weight once I hit 40 but started getting it off when I hit 50. Now that I'm down to size 16 I'm thrilled. I'm ok with my size. If more comes off then great but if not, I won't beat myself up over it

Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I honestly think that if you have no health problems and you are happy then that is that. Someone once told me that Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 at one point and no one was calling her fat! I am the same size and yes I would like to tone up and maybe lose a few inches but I am not unhappy and I don't think I am fat just a little outta shape! I am 5'8 3/4" too though so I guess your height would make a difference... but still I am happy that you are happy with yourself. There are so many women that can't be happy with there appearances, I believe you deserve praise rather than an exercise machine!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 10:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't have an opinion about a size 14 for YOU, but I was not happy at a size 14. It was not an ideal size or body weight for me, but it sure seemed to be the size my body wanted to stick at after I had kids! It's taken me a LOT of hard work (healthy eating and vigorous exercise 5 times a week), but I am now a size 8/10 and feel that is a healthy size for me. I feel a thousand times better, have so much more energy, my clothes fit nicely, and I get a lot of compliments on my slimdown. I didn't WANT to become happy at a size that wasn't healthy for me, if that makes any sense. My husband never made derogatory remarks about my weight either; it was just ME who wasn't okay with it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i am still carrying 20 lbs of baby weight.. ok so my baby turns 4 next month so maybe its no longer baby weight and just me, but i wear a size 12-14 depending on the brand and I do consider myself overweight. BUT you might just have big hips, it all depends on how your proportioned, but I am considered overweight according to my Body Mass Index, and I agree with it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am a size 14 but I feel fat. I had 4 pregnancies after the age of 40 and finally had a baby at 43 - I cannot seem to lose weight but hey. I think that a size is realative to your body. My next door neighbor is a 14 and she looks much slimmer than I do but she is also 30.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I was a 12 (I think I look best there) until I had my youngest, I'm a 16 now. (Weight doesn't come off as easy after 40!! :) I'm happy with how I look - I'd like to get back to the 12, but I'm doing it slow. My DH loves me just as I am.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I all depends on the person and their body type. For me, at size 14 I would be overweight.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am a size 14, and I hate it. I have started trying to lose weight, and by the end of this year, I would like to be a size 12. I cannot stand to see myself naked, and I want to look really good for my husband. He has never said anything about my weight, I am still the same size as when we married, but I want to get down to like a size 8, for me. Hopefully, by the end of next year, I will be down to that size, and then I am going to have a little work done. I know my boobs will be all saggy and I will need a tummy tuck, so that is the plan for me.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 10:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• if youre happy and healthy with your size thats whats important.

for me im a size 6, 5'5 and would like to lose around 20 lbs.
    mrs.phillips123

Answer by mrs.phillips123 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 27, 2010