Worried

I am 16 weeks pregnant. I am small 5'2 and 111 pre-pregnancy. I went for a check up on Thurs. and the doctor said all was fine. HB was 160. I weighed 119. When I got up this morning, I weighed 117. I don't understand. I'm stuffing my face with food all the time. I'm not showing at all either. It has me worried.

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 10:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you are going to have fluctuations in your weight. could be something as simple as water gain and loss. if your dr thinks you are doing ok, try to relax. eat healthy and you will be fine, so will the little one, honest
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You fluctuate during the day. In the morning you will be lighter then later in the day. The more fluids and food you put in the more you will add during the day. Then over night your body uses it up.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You are only 16 weeks, still have a long way to go. I remember when i was 16 wks i lost weight during the first trimester b/c of morning sickness. I started to gain some weight during my 2nd trimester. Now i'm 30 wks pregnant and only gained 10lbs, but the baby is growing even tho you don't gain any weight. My ob said it's normal, and I could be one of those that just gain 20lb during the pregnancy.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would give anything to be 117 and pregnant!!! haha, dont worry yourself if the doc said everything is okay!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There is a lady in my birth group who wasn't showing at 16wks either and everything is fine.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• am 22 weeks and have only gained two pounds, I lost weight at first because of morning sickness, this is my second, and am fin looking pregnant :) everything your goin threw is normal, just relax, enjoy your pregnancy
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 12:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I wish I was only 117 and 16 weeks! I haven't weighed that much since I was a teen. Consider yourself very fortunate because I am over two times what you weigh and still gaining at 35 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• What does your Dr say? Does he have a Nutritionist on staff? I wouldn't worry, for one. You're likely having a small baby, esp. if it's a girl. Make sure you eat a full B, L, & D, and have 2-3 snacks in-between... a lot of food. The last thing you want to do is be stressed, though. I'm also 5'2" and never really showed at 4 months either. My first was 6lb80z, which isn't that small... I was a 5lb baby...so it does happen :) Just don't worry!

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 5:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010