How would you approach a teacher who falsely accused your child of a serious offence?

My 10 year old son was accused of "pantsing" boys at school in the locker room. Well after doing my own investigation I found out my son did commit a "wedgie" but did not pants anyone. And 1 boy who accused him actually apologized to him for lying. Well the teacher is upset with my son for lying above all else. But he didn't lie. I admit my son was involved with several other boys of this but it was done in fun as all of the boys have said. My son has never been in trouble and none of the boys see anything wrong with this goofing off.

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in

• I'd by pass the teacher and go to the principal and guidance counselor.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You need to talk to the teacher about what you found out. Honestly, in our school system, giving a wedgie is just as serious as pantsing. Your son needs to be punished for his behavior, but you should make sure the teacher knows the facts.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• honestly? your son was involved in hijinks. doesnt matter if it was a wedgie or a pantsing. does it? really? did you son ADMIT to doing the wedgie? doesnt sound like it. so he DID lie. sorry but that is the risk kids take when they fool around. they got busted.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Certainly sounds like he did something wrong. The teacher may have gotten some of the details wrong due to several immature little boys ALL lying about what happened and how, but he certainly shouldn't have been mistreating any other student - and he was. He made a bad choice and now he should be accepting the consequences imposed by the school - and hopefully some pretty stringent consequences at home as well. You shouldn't be looking for ways to place the blame on the teacher - these poor choices belong to your son.
    Sadly, many parents condone and make excuses for bullying behaviors - and these are bullying behaviors - and this is why we have such a bullying problem in our schools today.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He didn't get falsely accused of a serious offense, he COMMITTED a serious offense. Details aside, he did something wrong. I'd be spending my time dealing with him, not thinking of ways to approach the teacher.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He did it. The details aren't important. You don't need to go to anyone. Not the teacher, not the guidance counselor, not the principal.
    He did it. He was involved in the bullying of another child. The issue isn't with someone at the school. This issue is with him.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 10:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The BIGGER MAN is the one who takes the wrong, and doesn't try to get points for doing or not doing anything, something, nothing, made something up, did it last week, or has never done it in his entire life. .... who gets the best respect is the one who takes the wrong.. not admits it, just takes the wrong.

People need to start to just apply this as Jesus did and I believe in time we'd all be less apt to be pointing fingers in any way to anyone at anytime. WE ALL CAN ADMIT WRONG< it just takes a bigger person to take the wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well, he's certainly been involved in trouble now. He was involved in the locker room bullying of another child. Don't look for ways to get him out of trouble. He chose trouble. Punish that choice.
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 10:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• None of the boys see anything wrong with this behavior. Wow, is that a seriously sad statement. And all done in fun? Fun to pick on another child? And you're upset that he was caught.

I am disgusted.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 10:57 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Why are you worried about trying to blame the school? Why aren't you worried about the fact that your kid doesn't see anything wrong with his behavior? Why aren't you worried about punishing him?
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 11:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

Next question in
How far do you drive to take your kids to school?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Worried