Hey Writers, Would you be interested in an article on Steampunk?

I need to write an article on Steampunk for my writer's group. I was thinking of trying to get deep into an aspect of it, then thought - what if people still need a "Steampunk 101" type article.
Do you know what it is? If yes, should I do a general intro to SP or should I try to be specific on one aspect of it?

SelaCarsen

Asked by SelaCarsen at 10:17 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• I would love to read more about steampunk. I cosplay and have seen lots of interesting costumes (My fav was someone took the XMEN and steampunked them- completely awesome) at conventions. I am considering creating one for myself. I just think its a very interesting read because there are so many levels to it. I think you oughts start out as 101 style then get a bit more complicated. You dont want to scare people or make them feel stupid. Better to 'clarify' the meaning then jumble it up so people dont read it.
    Taradoodles

Answer by Taradoodles at 10:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I know what it is, but mainly because my husband and I are huge nerds when it comes to stuff like that. An intro would be nice, however. Perhaps a short one and then jump into the specifics and then relate it to some mainstream examples people might be more familiar with, even though they don't know it's SP.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have only heard of steampunk in the last year and am greatly intrigued by it. I would love to know more, a history of how it started, what it means to be steampunk in fashion and everyday life, etc. I would love a "101" piece as well as more info, seems like there'd be enough info for several articles.
    Parksey27

Answer by Parksey27 at 4:15 PM on May. 27, 2011