What would you do?

If you are unhappy in your marriage and know that you want to leave but don't have the $$ too would you stay until you had the means to support yourself and your children? Would you leave anyways?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• No, as long as my husband wasn't abusive to me or the kids. I think work is needed to make a marriage work.
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 11:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• that is a hard decission. I asked my husband to leave. I had the kids so i needed the house. It is very hard and make sure this is truly what you want. please contact me if you would like to chat more. i totally understand how you feel.
    spagal99

Answer by spagal99 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• This is a very hard decision. If he is violent or you are afraid of him? if that is the case I would just leave now, if you are just not happy for other reason but you can stay without fearing for your life or your kids well being I would try to stay and save some money. But that is just my opinion without having much information. Good luck and I hope you can be happy soon
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'd leave after I had a legal separation where I could establish that my husband would pay child support and alimony so that I could get myself on my feet.....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No one can really answer that question for you honey. You have to make the decision for yourself and your children. I understand what it is like to be in a bad marriage and want to go. But not be able to money wise. I chose to stay, which was a mistake!!! and it only made it worse when i did go. I wish you strength and courage momma.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 10:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Stay until you have a way to support yourself....unless there is abuse then you can go to a shelter and they can help you back on your feet
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• That reminds me I did have my 1st husband leave by bringing his stuff to his truck while he was at work and a note telling him to not come....it got through to him I was unhappy and we worked it out over the course of several months while he stayed with friends
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2010