pumpkins

Do you like carving them? My son and I love to go get huge pumpkins that DH has to carry for us and carve them and make a whole display of them. So excited !

justgrape723

Asked by justgrape723 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• we normally carve 2 per person, and now that the grandkids are coming we include them too!. Its a whole day ordeal at our houe....kitchen covered in pumpkin slim! Oooooo can't wait!
    luckypenny720

Answer by luckypenny720 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• me and my lids enjot doing it
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We also roast the pumpkins seeds and make pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin bread the same day that we carve the pumpkins. The kids paint the small pumpkins
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My daughters dad is usually the one who does it with my girls but i enjoy it too.
    spagal99

Answer by spagal99 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have a wolf pattern that I carve (the wolf howling at the moon). Come to think of it, I need to upload the picture of it. I love Autumn and harvest vegetables. I know pumpkins are for Halloween, but I like using them for Fall decorations.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 10:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• a couple of years ago we started letting the kids pick out the pictures that they wanted on them rather than doing the faces since they arent old enough to cut them yet anyway...they clean out all of the goo. It is a job to cut it all out but they look really cool and the kids love it.. Last year we did a spongebob, a patrick, and one that said BOO!.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We love carving pumpkins! We didn't do it last year because my son was only 3 weeks old and it has to be done within a day or two of Halloween because the pumpkins rot(its really warm here). The year before last everybody but my baby carved them. We had them all lit up and lined up on the front porch.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We are taking our daughter and son to the pumpkin patch this year to pick out pumpkins and get some pics. It will be my sons first halloween (he is only going to be a month old) and my daughter's second (She will be 14 months) but this is the first year we are taking her trick or treating and my hubby and I are going to carve pumpkins together :) Totally excited!!!!
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes, I love carving them! We do one every year. Last year we carved Edward from Twilight. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I love carving the pumpkins. I do the really elaborate designs now. I usually carve about 12 to 15 pumpkins for Halloween. We put candles in them and set them around outside to decorate the yard with. I also get bales of Hale and the dried corn and make a really pretty setting in the front yard
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010