Has anyone ever used a home perm to straighten hair?

I am thinking of trying to straighten my hair myself, but I am worried about doing it. Has anyone on here tried it and what were the results?

A.Perry

Asked by A.Perry at 10:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• No, I haven't either, but I would not even try to do it myself....its damaging to the hair and if you do get it done get it done by a professional.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• no i have not and do not think its a good idea to do it may miss up your hair.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have never used a perm but I have used a relaxer and it worked pretty well. I used one that was made for kids, not sure if that makes a difference though.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have. when you put in the processing just make sure you continue to comb it straight. try not to have it flip up at the end or else you will get that flip permanently...lol.
    luckypenny720

Answer by luckypenny720 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Not a perm, but a relaxer. And I never saw any results - Now, that said, please understand, I went in to a salon and had them "relax" my hair and that didn't affect me either... My hair is just not relaxer material.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• PLEASE do not do this by yourself.

One, you odn't want to use a perm. You'd use a soft perm which is slightly different. Secondly you have no clue the damage you could do if you screw up.

Please seek a salon to do this foryou.

If money is an issue, try a beauty school. A teacher will be there to supervise so no worry.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If you mess up, you can cause chemical burns to your skin and scalp, or even loose your hair.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Back in the day that was done you put it in & continuously comb your hair downwards gently. I wouldn't do it, it could be risky...if you do don't keep it in longer then 20 min. I'd say and maybe put some spray conditioner in your hair also. GL. (Yes, I used to do hair) : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Dont think its a good idea
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2010