temper tantrums

can temper tantrums last half an hour? my son will rol around on the floor and whine and yell everytime i look at him he'll start all over and itll comtinue for a half hour or more is this normal for them to last that long

cocobutt2002

Asked by cocobutt2002 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• YUPPER . your best bet is to COMPLETELY ignore him when at home. even put him in his room and let him know that until he is done he can stay there.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yep. He is doing it so that you will keep paying attention to it. Tell him the next time, that he needs to go to his room and when he calms down, he can return to you. My DD can do this anytime she wants to but I don't have to hear it. She soon realized that it didn't make me change my mind on why she was throwing the fit in the first place.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yes my two year old does this so i just go on about my bussiness and ignore her. my husband on the other hand puts her on the couch and says you better hush it up or u cant get down and she listens to him.
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes they can! Don't yours? Kids throw the damdest tantrums! Wether they are misunderstood, didn't get what they want etc... If they are over say 1 1/2 they will understand what you say . I explain myself send to room til they are done and big hugs after. All done? Good. Lol kids!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I feel sooo blessed...my DS rarely throws a fit....but when he does I walk away and tell him to come talk with me when he is finished...works every time..never has lsted more than 30 seconds...I have always done this. A good friend of mine suggested this the day he was born. I think because I never started another habit it was easier to create this. DS also spoke full sentences @ 2 which is a huge bonus. If they can't communicate the more frustrated they become....GL!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• a spanking will clear that right up
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010