My 2 year old son is completly out of control, anyone have advice on disciplin? adult content

I have found myself at a point in life i said i would never go. Ive completly given up on telling my DS what to do all together. He does not listen to me ive read all the books you can read and watched all the showes you can watch. when i say i have tried it all i really have. I dont know what to do anymore. Im really starting to think he is bi polar or something because his dad and I are both bi polar. I would appreciate any advise you have!!!

KeaganMark

Asked by KeaganMark at 10:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the chances of a 2 year old being bi-polar are really about slim to none. what you are likely dealing with is his sensativity to your moods and his father's moods combined with being a 2 year old. what exactly is going on? because at 2, there is really no reason for him to be THAT out of control with you being actively engaged in what is going on. and you cannot give up, because at this stage consistancy in disciipline and guiding him is MONUMENTALLY KEY. it may SEEM like you are getting no where, but you willl if you stick to it.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• you could have him evaluated for bi polar or talk to his Ped about where to go from the point you are at right now. early intervention is the best in all areas. We are having someone come out for our sons emotional state - I say it never hurts to get areas checked out, especially now when he is young - that way you don't give up or feel like you are yelling at him all the time - good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I feel like im at a loss in his disciplin I cant get him to take naps and when he doesn't take a nap he's really out of control. He draws on my walls if i ask him to give he something he shouldn't have he throws it. He literaly climbs the walls. Yesterday i was taking a nap because i thought he was sleeping. He got right past me, squeezed through the chain lock, and went to the neighbors house and told them i was sleeping. This is not the 1st time this has happened. When other kids come over to play he flips out and starts biting his hand and beating the other kid up. This child really scares me because he he is just 2 1/2 almost 3 and he acting like this i cant imagine what he is going to be like as a teen.
    KeaganMark

Comment by KeaganMark (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• if you're that worried about it, then get him evaluated.....but pick something and stay consistent about it........our dd is finally turning around, and actually listening..we started probably about 3 weeks ago, when she would misbehave or do something she shouldn't be doing we would stick her in her room, and let her fuss until she calmed down, then we made her come out and apologize, and explain what she did wrong....we tried everything too, and nothing worked, and i just got fed up with it one day. i hope you find something that works for you...good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• speak firm and spank
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2010