confused but willing to understand...

Me and my SO recently found out we were pregnant (8weeks) and I am overly excited and at times its all I think about and when I found out it seems my love for my SO got even stronger, the problem is when we were TTC we would talk about having a child together and he was just as interested in the idea as I was.We couldn't get enough of thinking and talking about it, but now that I ACTUALLY am pregnant he doesn't even talk about it and when I bring it up he just sits and listens and never really says much.It hurts me and pisses me off at the same time because I feel like he doesn't care that I'm pregnant?I mean wtf?

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe he needs just a little more time for things to sink in. I have a friend whos husband could care less about the pregnancy, just wants their baby here. Maybe if he goes to the first Dr. Appointment with you and sees that little heart flickering on the screen, he will get excited. Just hang in there!!! I am excited for you!!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It sounds like hes just scared. Give hime time and he'll come around. Its one of those things that you are excited for but shocked and scared when it actually happens:)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• he's a guy! hes excited but is not going to show it as much as you do.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 9:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My hubby was the same way. I knew he was excited, but he just doesn't show emotion. I know it's hard, especially being pregnant and an emotional wreck, but try not to let it get to you. My hubby would act like he wasn't interested in anything I had to say. For guys, they can't really get excited until the baby is actually here. Just wait until your delivery. You will see lots of emotion. My hubby cried when my son was born. FINALLY!! A reaction of some sort. My son is turning one next week, and he couldn't ask for a better daddy. My hubby loves him SO much! I've never seen a dad kiss their kid so much! :) Seeing is believing to men. It took me a long time to comprehend this, but it's true. Good luck on your journey.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 9:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my hubby was the same way... Get him excited by involving him, like have him feel the baby move and put his hand on your tummy as much as possible and tell you baby how much you love it) he might not seem interested at the time but when that baby arrives he will cry and be soooo happy. You wait :)
    Anonymous

• give him time .. im 13 weeks and mine is just coming around most dont til they actually see the baby
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think for some guys -- some not all -- they don't "connect" to the pregnancy right away. Some guys, it isn't until they are holding that wonderful gift in their hands that they really feel that they are a Daddy. Others, seeing the first sonogram hits them with an emotional ton of bricks. Keep in mind, you have hormones bonding you to the baby before it's even here. He doesn't have natures help - yet. Give him time. He could be scared, too. It's a lot of change, he may fear if he will be a good Dad. Try not to get upset but talk to him - slowly. Don't push it or put expectations on how you think he should feel or act. Remember this is a big thing for him as well - its about you guys as a couple.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my husband was the same way and i think it was just because it hadn't completely sunk in yet..he had the idea but the reality part took him a bit..just give him time .my husband didn't start to seem interested until after my last ultrasound and we started picking names and baby clothes started showing up around the house..i would just try to be patient and understanding..its a lot for him to take in. :)

mom2b112108

Answer by mom2b112108 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008