Bible Fact or Fiction?

What do you think?
I personal don't believe in the bible it has been translated in so many ways and there is so many versions of it. Man wrote it....Why do i say that...because if the Bible was truly Gods word then why would there be different ones? Why would there be different ways to believe...Catholic, Baptist, Muslim, etc....why would Godly people judge others and tell them they are wrong and be willing to Kill in GOD's name...Because a book told them to...Only man could be so wrong....in believing that a Book can tell you Gods desires for us....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think the bible CONTAINS facts, however I don't believe the bible itself to be fact. We have proven that a number of the places and occurrences which are talked about in the bible did exist and happen, but I don't think that means that every word is factual either.

To site a common parallel - Troy has been proven to be real as well, but so far there is no proof that Helen ever existed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• These are valid questions. Here are my personal answers: Man wrote it phyysically but it was divinely inspired by Holy Spirit. There are different versions because, well,lots of reasons, but Satan likes to confuse people, just as he tried to do Jesus in the Wilderness. Man can do harm, which is not Godly conduct.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:19 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Sadly, another excuse not to abide by the principles and guidelines laid out for us. It is FACT based and All Scripture is inspired by God.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 11:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Fiction..but that doesn't mean people can't learn life lessons and morals from it... but THAT doesn't mean people can't have them without reading it either lol
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't believe IN the bible.. I believe in God who inspired it. I believe in HIS words of live.

God can use man and did use man.... much of what is written is historical. I do not believe it is fiction but truth! He is TRUTH.

Jews not Hebrews .. Hebrew is a language btw not a race :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The Bible is truth. God gave man the words to write. Because some men chose to translate some versions from a translation, things could get distorted. But if you want to know the truth, the truth is there. The reason there are so many religions out there based on or close to the bible is because mankind has the choice in how he lives. It is easy to take a book, inspired word or not, and pick and choose what you would believe or use in it . Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, but knowing the truth is simple. You have to want to know the truth and then you decide to listen and read. If you need to, read several versions to know you are getting the true meaning. God's truth will always shine through for those who look.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• totally fiction! Now like most good stories, there are parts that are based on fact but the bible as a whole is a collection of fiction stories written over the course of hundreds of years by dozens of people. Most of the collection never even made it into the bible. The stories that are in the bible we chosen by high ranking religious leaders.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• FICTION in my opinion but there are plenty of people out there that believe it's real. So I stick to my opinion and they still to theirs. It's not my place to tell others what to think.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I see it as mythology. A lot of the stories are very close to those that were around way before the bible.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I beleive it to be fact, but either way it has historical value
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010