Do you sometimes think some parents are just full of it and very judgmental?

Do you also think they should mind there own business and stay out of others?

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My oppinion is my oppinion and while I have the right to voice it, I do not have the right to tell other mothers they are good or bad parents because I disagree with what they do...that is unless they are physically or mentally abusing their children.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• well, yes and no.

I think that to involve yourself in the lives of strangers is rude.

However, if someone posts a situation online looking for opinions and you don't agree, that's not being judgmental, that's being honest, and it's a big difference. I'm kind of tired of people airing their dirty laundry on cm, and only expecting red roses and chocolate bars in return.

It's not like if my neighbor were outside pregnant and smoking, I'd walk up to her and say "wow, you are a terrible mom, already." However, if someone posts, "I'm smoking while pregnant and it's fine," I'll disagree. (and take the downvotes up the butt that go with it).
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I 100% agree!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes..but also some situations need to be intervened for the sake of the child(ren).
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• well I tend to be very judgemental myself. however even i draw the line at thinking i have any right to go up to complete strangers and dictate how they should live thier lives.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 11:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Absolutely. We all have different ways of raising our kids. If we make a mistake, then we learn by it. I hate when someone comes in and tries to tell me how to raise my boys and expects me to do it their way. NO ONE has the right to tell another how to raise their child. I raised my boys as I saw fit. The ONLY time I feel it is ok is when I go to someone and ask their opinion. It is because of people trying to intervene where they have NO business to that causes more problems for the household, placing stress there and THAT is harmful to the child.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 11:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Ihartu i am sorry but some women on here take thier passion to a level that deserves therapy and maybe meds. there is such a thing as flat out going too far.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 11:28 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No, I don't agree with you.

It depends on the person, and situations.

Parents will be parents, if we were perfect the world would be perfect.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think people allow other peoples opinions effect them too deeply. The day I get offended when some faceless internet personality judges something I write on the internet is the day I give up my "grown-up card". Everywhere you go, people will be there to judge you. Either you get over it or you buy stock in Kleenex.
    ivy102381

Answer by ivy102381 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think if you ask for an opinion, or put your business out there rather on line or IRL then you should be prepared to hear things you may or may not like. But for people to stick thier nose in when help/input is not requested is rude.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010