How do I get my husband understand we have a real issue with not listening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Sit down and talk to him. Or go to couples counseling
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Sometimes when people don't listen, you have to show them. So, I would try showing him, pointing out what he is not listening too.

Sometimes that don't work, good luck!!! Sometimes they never listen...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You need to show and prove it to him. When my husband was the same way, I left him for a few days. During that time when he was all alone at home he realized what a heel he was being and tried harder.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Dependson your husband's communication style.

It could be that he isn't listening. It could be that he is listening but not comprehending what you are saying.. It could be that you are communicating in a manner that he doesn't get.. ..etc.. Miscommunications can cause just as many issues in a marriage as non communication can.

When you guys have one of these discussions (which I'm sure you have had your share.. lol).. Does it become an emotion driven conversation? Does it get to be one talking and one just there? Does it become an arguement quickly? ect... Looking at those types of things. Sometimes we can see where our conversations are starting to take a turn for the worse, and we can redirect. But again, it all depends on how the talks actually happen and the 2 people's communication style that are having the talk.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• listen?what?lol They never do lol Seriously though, try talking to him calmly and post things around the house..little notes on the refrigerator it works with me...sometimes :)
    Reasonable Rates Photographer
    www.creativetampabay.zenfolio.com
    Kristine, proud mommy to Julia Rose 9 1/2
    KPentonPhotos

Answer by KPentonPhotos at 11:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• listen to him. or write him a letter or email him. My son and I are able to communicate so much better when we write to one another through email or text. That way what you have to say is said rather than being distracted by looks or emotions..or fear of confrontation.
    Just and idea. :) I hope you can work it out.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It depends what he isn't listening to. Is he distracted? My DH doesn't listen for anything when he is playing WoW or Starcraft. I like the idea of notes or texting. If you text him he can plainly see what you said, no chance to miss anything.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I finally left, lots of other things escalated this for me, but I was tired of the talking, the pleading, the begging and the yelling. I certainly recommend walking out, and in over a years time things are finally getting better. It took me leaving for 8 months, then serious couples counseling and then the counselor telling us to get divorced before my husband finally saw the big picture.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well men are different then woman. They don't want to sit and listen to you drone on forever. Thats what girlfriends are for.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010