Im kinda young, but i want to have a baby with my soon to be husband, i feel like im never going to get to have a baby. Before i start my period i get really nervice bc i want to be pregnant, but im always upset, is there anyone that can give me any advice? I dont know if there is something wrong with me, my doc says im healthy but im just lost!

Im 21 and I use to smoke,

stepffy84

Asked by stepffy84 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think its the fact you are stressing it so much, although I know its hard not to stress it when you want to have a baby so badly, you need to relax about it. have you had your soon to be husband tested also?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Um wait, get married. Be a wife enjoy your husband. If you are young and there is nothing physically wrong with you, then waiting will not affect you
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:49 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes. Wait. You're not even married yet. Wait until you're married and settled into a permanent living situation, earning the money necessary to take care of your family. If he's your "soon to be" husband, you won't have to wait long.
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 11:49 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• How long have you been trying? For a lot of couples, it's just a timing issue. Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It teaches you how to chart your cycle and what to look for for signs of an infertility problem. Knowing when you are ovulating is going to greatly boost your chances of successfully concieving :)

Good luck, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have advice. Wait.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 11:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Girl, you're 21. Enjoy being young while it lasts because once you have a kid you'll never get those years back. I know it's important to you but don't worry about not having a baby. The reason you're not getting pregnant yet is because it's just not time for you to have children right now. Give it time.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• And to the ladies saying to wait... shut it. lol. It's not your life or your body and she wants a baby. I was 19 when I concieved my daughter and I am so super happy that I did. Waiting would have been wrong for us. She was planned and I wanted her more than anything. I encourage moms to listen to their bodies and their hearts, not their age. It's just a number and 21 isn't ridiculously young, and marriage is just a paper. Waiting may very well hurt her, emotionally. Sheesh, she asked for advice on how to get pregnant, not whether she should concieve or not.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The best time is usually 1-2 weekd after you get off your monthly. But just a bit of advice i have 3 girls my first at 19, 2nd at 21 and 3rd at 22 I wish i would have waited til i was older. I nerver get to go out with friends or even my hubby anymore so enjoy being young.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a baby, I was just like you at this age. I dreamed about having a baby all the time. I would get Parent magazine and just enjoy going through it. I cant remember the last time I picked up a Parent magazine,,lol The one thing about having a baby, is that they dont stay sweet little babies for very long. Soon they are toddlers getting into everything. So where the idea of having a baby is so sweet and romantic, the reality is its a lot of hard work and as Im sure you have read in here, its not always easy. I think the ideal situation is to wait till you are married in a stable relationship. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Ok, here's how I did it. You MAY ovulate approx. 14 days after the start of your period, but you WILL ovulate approx. 14 days before the start of your next period. So, find out when you expect your next period to start, count back 14 days and have a lot of sex! Most of all, RELAX!!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010