Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Can I use a temp. Drivers licanse... the paper one when writhing a check?

I really have to get diapers and I lost my drivers license. so I went down to get another one and all I have is a temp. one. The paper ones. So can I write a check if all I have is a temp. id?

Answer Question

Asked by kaylaylshfr at 11:49 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Shopping

Level 7 (192 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • yes, it will be fine. Use an old picture ID with it.

    Answer by ABusyBee at 11:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • Sometimes they might ask for another form of ID. Like maybe a Sam's Club card which has your picture on it.

    Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • Yes, it is a legal piece of paper and you cannot be denied service when presenting it.

    Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • Thank you all!! Its actually at sams club that I need it so hopefully!!!!! But thanks again!

    Comment by kaylaylshfr (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • I'd call them first - since you are a member at Sam's Club they may allow it, but a lot of places won't. Most check guarantee services require a valid state-issued photo id.

    Answer by Scuba at 1:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • bumpHere's a bump for ya!!!


    Answer by bvannkissy at 5:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.