• In the Spotlight:

I've been having trouble sleeping lately. I work full-time and am exhausted by the time I put my son to bed. When I lay down though, I toss and turn for hours. Any ideas?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 9:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• Did you ever try sleep aids or if you don't like to take pills. They have tea you can drink & it's called sleepy time tea. I think you can get it in any food store. Sometimes I drink it & then alittle while later I fall a sleep & I sleep all nite. Good Luck!!!
    rosie823

Answer by rosie823 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I was going to suggest chamoille tea, but rosie beat me to it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If you can stand it.. a warmed glass of milk is a natural sedative. You can warm it over the stove or in the microwave. Personally I don't like warm milk w/out chocolate...lol...but that defeats the purpose here. My son's will drink it warm and it really helps them fall right to sleep if they're having a difficult time.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I've always found reading or playing a game (like the cryptoquip) helps to slow the brain down. I also work full-time+ then have to read my toddler a story berfore bedtime. I then find it hard at times to wind down.
    Heck even dumb tv works. But I find reading or doing puzzles stimulates as well as winds down. If that make any sense?.?
    kaylynsmom30

Answer by kaylynsmom30 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• When I can't sleep I go take a bubble bath, it relaxes me and I am able to fall asleep right away.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008