So, you didn't like the Bush wiretaps? How about this?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have nothing I am planning on doing that needs to be hidden, so go ahead and let them do it.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't know.....if you are not a terrorist, you probably shouldn't be worrying about this whole thing. I'm not!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Not worried they would be bored with what me and my mother have to say over the phone LOL or anyone else I talk to Im so boring bring it! :) Nothing to hide here
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I didn't care about Bush wiretaps because I wasn't doing anything illegal. I don't care about internet wire taps because I'm not doing anything illegal.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I do not care.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 12:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't have anything to hide either, but I'm not thrilled about it. This is however pretty old news. When my brother was in High School (during the Bush Administration) he was chatting online with a school friend, because they were in the library and had to be quiet. Now I am not saying this is right, because it's not, but he very sarcastically and jokingly said some not so nice things about Bush to his friend. Secret services tracked him down the next day and the school was forced to suspend him for 2 days. This was a private school. So I am not sure what further surveillance they are looking to add. It looks like it's all already in place.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Ohhh no... Not the precious Obama Adminstration. They wouldn't dare. Remember what Obama once felt about the Patriot Act? Didn't he cosign a letter to repubs and bush that said "government should be required to¬†convince a judge that the records they are seeking have some connection to a¬†suspected terrorist or spy...."
    Hrmmm. Does this new tapping consideration do that?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Didn't Obama once say this about libraries? "Libraries should be "sanctuaries of learning where we are free to read and consider what we please without the fear that 'Big Brother' may be peering over our shoulder," ~Obama said in the keynote address at the American Library Association
    who wants to "peer" now?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I didn't like the idea of this with Bush and I certainly do not like it with Obama. I don't like this much power being relegated to the government. It's not the idea of whether or not I have something to hide, but the fact that the government can peek into my emails, credit card transactions, library book usage, I-Pass comings and goings, grocery store transactions, etc. Am I seriously the only one who is not okay with any of this?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You know, I'm not doing anything illegal, either. But it's not the government's business when I talk to my sister about our kids or I talk to my best friend about her work day or I post on FB about whatever I want to post about. My personal life simply is not the government's business. They don't need to read my e-mails or check my on-line shopping receipts or scan my texts or listen to my phone calls. Besides the fact that they would be bored beyond tears, it's just not right for them to do so. It wasn't right then, and it's not right now.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010