FOLLOW-UP: Which book, movie, or story most best represents your faith?

As far as books go, I think A Woman's Guide to Earth Traditions would be a good one. This book was recommended to me by a dear friend but I've yet to purchase it. Raymond Buckland is also an excellent author to read from.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Merlin with Sam Neill is a good one two.
    And The Mysts Of Avalon

Both could be loosely included in the "good movie" category...

...And willow like I said in the other post..

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yuck, I hate Bucky... But there are so many good books... I'm currently reading Drawing Down the Moon, and I think that's going to take the top spot really soon, but until I've finished it I have to say the Everything Paganism Book is one of the best I have read...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The Bible.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

And The Mysts Of Avalon

I love these!
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• How about Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, but mainly the scene where he says "Be excellent to one another."
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:54 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• This is going to sound totally weird, but it's a toss up between Avatar (I know, I know, I'm super lame) or The Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey. If those gods actually existed I would totally be a follower. The main tenent in Carey's work is "Love as thou wilt", and it focuses on the power of love and what it can do in your life. It's incredible and I find those books very spiritually inspiring.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I need to keep checking Amazon for "Drawing Down the Moon." I have too many books at home.. well, not too many, but not enough time.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I usually get around $5 a week for Amazon through SwagBucks, so I make a nice order once a month or so... That one was in my last order... Great read!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree with sabrina, The Mist of Avalon is a good one. Merlin with Sam Neill is another good pick.

I have started reading, The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-Than-Human World by David Abram. So far it is very good. Its one of those that I know I will read over and over again and each time find something new that speaks to me.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Book: The Qur'an
    Movie: The Message (docu-drama) and/or Islam: Empire of Faith (documentary)
    Story: I suppose anything that tells the story of Islam and/or the Prophet Mohamed {SAW}
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 2:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010