Still hurts

Sex months later with my SO still hurts. Is this normal? I've heard of moms who say it hurts the first few times, but it seriously hurt and I almost cry every time we have sex. We've tried lube, and honestly I don't need it I'm not lacking in that department, but we tried just to see, nothing has worked, diff positions nothing. Should I be worried, or is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• did you have a tear or episiotomy that need stitches?

I swear with my first baby they sewed me up tighter than I was to begin with. Sex hurt for years until it got "stretch out" again.
    Anonymous

• Call your doctor honey it shouldn't hurt.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 9:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Did you tear or have an episiotomy? Did you have vaginal bruising or muscle damage? I had all of the above, and sex was absolutely excrusiating for 6 months, at which point I had some minor work done to repair the damage and help speed up my recovery. After that sex was only slightly excruciating for another 3 months or so. By the time I got to about 9 or 10 months post partum it was finally pain-free. The source of most of my problem was that my episiotomy wasn't healing properly, so all my nerve endings down there were hyper-sensitive. Combine that with the muscle damage and bruising, and I ended up with these crazy painful muscle spasms every time we tried to have sex. It was awful. But it did get better. I suggest that you give your doctor a call. Don't wait as long as I did. I wish I had taken care of it sooner, but I kept thinking it must be like that for everyone and that it would get better on it's own.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• no, it shouldn't hurt....go see your obgyn emmediatley!
    abearshug

Answer by abearshug at 9:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If it isn't muscle pain, it could be an infection...worth a visit to your doc.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Get used to it. I have hurt ever since my first child was born (I now have 3). Go to the Dr but most likely you'll just have to learn to live with it. If it isn't an infection it is just persistant painful sex and that can last for a long, long time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2008