Will snappis work on fleece?

I have made some AIO cloth diapers with a fleece outer layer and I am trying to decide if I should finish them by applying aplix velcro, or if I can just use snappies? I have done a little research on it, but no one really seems to be straight forward about it. Do snappis work on fleece, or should I go ahead and get some aplix?

pink72princess

Asked by pink72princess at 12:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Velcro would be good except these will grab onto clothes inside the wash, and they will sooner or later lose the sticky and become all frayed.
    Don't know what snappis are.... of hey are snaps like sewn onto to snap female to male, yes what is wrong with that. That is sensible.

That is better than a hook and eye, unless you make several eyes and optional tightness/ looseness.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• of hey??>>>>>>> translation..... "if they"
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would imagine that they would work but im not 100% on that...if you use velcro just attach them inside out when you wash them to help prevent them from sticking to the other diapers.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Snappis WILL work on fleece... but you would always have to cover the diaper with pants or shorts as snappis an be dangerous if LO's get ahold of them! I also had major wing droop problems the few times I used a snappi on a diaper like that... just not a huge snappi fan, I guess!

What I would do is get a pair of snap pliers for $20 and some snaps. Velcro is too cheap, so you'd have to order touchtape online anyway... and snaps will last longer!

(snappis are a substitute for diapers pins, for those who don't know what it is!)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010