What do you think of internet sites that trash other's beliefs?

I just stumbled upon one and I believe it to be innacurrate (DUH! It's the net) and SO much energy and effort to put others down is. It is ironic. The purpose of the site is supposed to inform, but it is so hateful, I CAN NOT take it seriously and laugh it off.

2tinyhineys

Asked by 2tinyhineys at 12:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• They really annoy me. When I see sites/articles like that I always assume the person/people who wrote it must be very insecure when it comes to their own beliefs if they feel like they need to put that much effort into putting down others
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't think much of them at all. You just ignore the site.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• As someone who is a firm believe in finding fact before you decide, sites like this drive me nuts. If your beliefs are so strong and "right" you shouldn't have a need to fill your site with mis-information or propaganda. This is why I do my best to fill my own sites and blogs with factual information and links... For myself, I can easily ignore them, but they mislead others to believe things which aren't based on anything but hate in many cases and it simply furthers the intolerance and ignorance which has been running rampant in our world...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Just ignore it. There are always going to be people who can't accept the fact that not all people are going to think and believe the same way. I don't believe in anything, but I respect other people's beliefs and religions. I'm not going to tear them down just because I don't believe in the same thing they do. You just have to ignore those hateful people and continue to stand up for what you believe in.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Just don't go there. For every website that you love, you can find one putting that subject down. Ignore it and move on.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

the red.  I find it very sad and irritating to be honest.

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I ignore them... I am from the circle that believes the renewal churches are from God... but those site that speak against the well known leaders of the Renewal/revival churches are doing so out of hatred and bitterness. They seem to want to point out faults ect instead of looking for the good.. it tends to lead people astray when they do this. The bible speaks against believers causing division! Not a good idea.
    I know when I see a link to these sites I skip... I pretty much know which ones they are ... one example is Let us reason together.. they are not about helping but destroying and I skip that site all together.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think that they are as extremist and hateful as the christian sites who do the same thing. The difference between a fundamentalist christian and a fundamentalist atheist, for instance, is uncomfortably small. Both groups REFUSE to see the proof that is put in front of them. Both cling to their beliefs so tightly that they cannot be pried loose. Both are absolutely, positively SURE that they know the only right answer and they will both shove it down your throat. Both will pick and choose which parts they want to obsess on. And neither one has a mind that is open enough to discern what might be the truth. Sad really.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think they are pathetic.. The only reason they affect me in anyway, is because of the mis information, someone may think it is ok to harm a person of the faith that is being trashed.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think they're unreliable and don't waste my time with them.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010