when is it time to switch

my son is 15months and im wondering when do i switch froma crib to a toddler bed

Mrs.Jolly

Asked by Mrs.Jolly at 9:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put my oldest in a toddler bed when she was 15 months and didn't have a problem after the first few nights. Just because she was excited to know that she could get out of her own bed by herself. It just depends on how they sleep and how independent they think they can be.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It depends, do you have another child on the way that will be needing the crib? Usually you don't need to switch unless your child is climbing out of the crib. I didn't switch my son until he was two and that was because I had another baby due in 5 months and I didn't want my oldest to feel pushed out of his crib.
    Overwhelmed28

Answer by Overwhelmed28 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• it depends on the kid and how they handle bedtime. Mine goes to bed really well, but sometimes he stays awake and bounces around before falling asleep. I'm afraid if I move him to the big bed too soon, he'll just decide he can get up and play in his room. I will switch him when he is two. At that point at least he is old enough to understand what I mean when I tell him to get back in bed.
    jrb920

Answer by jrb920 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• ...well...lex handled her bed time well,

loves her new toddler bed...
    she will be two the 27th, of this month,

i switched her around 18 months,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It all depends on the kid. i switched my oldest when he was 2 and he did fine. then i put my two year old in one when she was 18 months because her baby brother went in her crib and all she does now is sleep on the couch. i think you will know when it is the right time but i would do it before they learn how to crawl out of the crib
    coreyhsmom

Answer by coreyhsmom at 12:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• they-are-in-theres-they-are-15months-and-loves-it!!!
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008