Question about Parenting Books

What is your "go-to" book for parenting help?

bryncalyn

Asked by bryncalyn at 12:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I haven't read one since 'What to Expect When You're Expecting."
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 12:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't think there is a single book out there that can give me advice as good as my mommy instincts. I know what my kids need better than any author ever will... I am their mother.

That said, I do like Dr. Sears's work. I get stats and info on vaccines from him.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't read them.  Don't need them.  If there's something I can figure out on my own then I ask my friends on this site for advice.  If my mother was still alive I'd go to her.  I haven't read a parenting book or magazine in like 9 years (I have 5 kids between 2 months and 10 years old).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I like a book called The Girlfriend's Guide to Toddlers by Vicki Iovine.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have several Love & Logic books. They all have the same basic approach, but the subjects vary. I have one that is specifically for little kids (6 and under) that has lots of examples that are relevant to my 3 year olds, and I have a couple of books that deal with issues more relevant to my teen.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Recently it has been 'A parents Guid to High Functioning Autism and Asperger's Syndrom' I also read and like a lot of 'Raising the Strong Willed Child' and 'How to make your Kids Mind Without Loosing Yours' I started to read 'Grace Based Parenting' and I liked it a lot it but then my son got his diagnosis and I went to a specialized book. MUCH BETTER.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Penelope Leach - Your Baby and Child from birth to age 5. It was a remakable book. I gave one to all my friends that add children and they swear by it. It has a lot of good information, from health concerns, to mental and emotional concerns and how to deal with children at each age.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010