Do you like learning about other religions?

This question is because I decided to watch the show Sister Wives last night. I got my DH to agree but five minutes into it he said he should ban me from watching it. He is baptist.. I grew up in an assembly of god church. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't watching it because I agree with how they choose to live. I just think it is interesting to kind of get into their head to see why they chose that lifestyle and some of the aspects of what they believe in...

What about yall?

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yes, I love learning new things and why people live the way they do. And though I may not agree with what the religion says or how the people live, I respect it. It's very fascinating. You can understand a person a lot better once you understand what their beliefs are.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yup, I am fascinated by different religions and beliefs.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 12:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yes i do. I read a lot about other religions and cultures, when i get the time to.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I find it really interesting to hear about different cultures, relgions and ways of life- I always trying to learning something new!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I dont seek out to learn about all religions because id rather learn from a person rather than a book...

But I was raised Christian..Im now Atheist...And Im married to a Muslim...

Lol...
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes I have read about other religions, I have a very mixed set of beliefs from them. The closest name to my religion would be a gnostic christianity.

But I will say this, if my husband dared to tell me he should "ban" me from anything I'd kick his ass
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yup...and I should have recorded the show- I want to see it for the same reasons!

I like to know what people believe and why!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I LOVE learning about other religions! I love learning about other cultures too! I do not necessarily believe in everyone elses beliefs, but I respect them.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I do. I like learning about them and having codial debates meaning respectful questions and answers without anyone getting snippy. Yes it is possible!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Everytime i meet a new person from a faith i have yet to study up on i make it a point to look it up and learn about it so i know what that person believes and wont step on toes.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010