I'm trying to potty train my 2 year old daughter, where do I start?

LLacy85

Asked by LLacy85 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is she showing signs of being ready? hours of being dry, curiosity and interest in what goes on in the bathroom etc? i would start with introducing her to the toilet. myself. but i never had a girl. my mom said she bought me frilly undies and told me it was up to me to keep them clean after showing me the toilet and making sure i understood that was where you go and not in a diaper. i took to it immediately. but i dont know...LOL
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 12:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thank you so much...I think I might try that. She is very girly so she might take to that.
    LLacy85

Comment by LLacy85 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• This is what I did and my kids were trained in 3 days - I waited until they turned 3. Then I went to the store with him and bought a lot of big boy underwear. Got all the characters that he loves. I waited until I had 3 full days to devote to this. I didn't leave the house. The day before I said "Tomorrow you will wear big boy underwear!!! Yay! We are so proud of you!!" The next morning I put him in undies. I took him to the bathroom every half hour or so. We were very positive. Don't yell for accidents. He had some. When he went on the potty we made a big fuss. He wore pull ups at night. That comes later. The next day was much better. He was even be able to tell us when he had to go. We still took him every hour. The third day was even better. My kids were trained by day 3. The important thing is to never go back to daytime diapers no matter what. Good luck!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I take my 17 month old to the potty with me and explain what I am doing - PeePee in the potty, mommy is wiping, flushing, washing hands, etc.
    She will now go in the bathroom and point at the potty and say Peepee.
    She is not quite ready but soon.
    The underwear idea is a great one though!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• dido
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010