when does cradle crap start to show up?

Both my sisters had cradle crap all the way until they were 18 months old. My DD is 3 weeks old and there isnt any sign of it. DOes every baby get it, if so when does it start to show up? And what are some ways of taking it off if it does show up? How long did your baby have it, if they did..?

hotmommy420

Asked by hotmommy420 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, not every baby gets it. My daughter had mild cradle cap after about 2 months and lasted for a couple of months
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Not every baby gets cradle cap. My daughter didn't get it until she was almost 2 months old, and at 11 months old, we are still fighting it! We have tried everything. The best thing that worked for us is Head and Shoulders shampoo every other bath and a baby comb.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Not every baby gets it, it shows up whenever it shows up. IF you encounter it, you can gently rub some baby oil or olive oil into the scalp, and use a fine tooth comb to comb it, if it is severe, the doctor might recommend a dandruff shampoo. DD had it like crazy, and we ended up using Selsun Blue, that stuff smells disgusting. We would wash with it, and then follow up wash with baby shampoo to try to combat the smell.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I love that you put cradle crap. My dd said it the same way. We always got a huge laugh out of it. Not all babies get it. Both my dds had it and rubbing their head with baby oil before bath really seemed to help loosen it.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ^ lol, i thought i was the only one who noticed that
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my little one got it at 6 weeks and it went across her eye brows!!! that was the first I had ever seen that! I just work with it all the time scraping at it when I am holding her and it seems to work off alright.
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010