Would you be offended?

One of my best friends daughters just turned 3. Her DD and my DD are best buddies. I saw on facebook that she had a party for her daughter and we were not invited, she never even mentioned the party to me and I saw her twice last week. She is currently going through a rough divorce, so I think only family may have been invited, But I'm still kind of offended.... I mean our kids are best friends. My dd and I even picked a present out for her dd, and gave it to her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would be hurt, but understanding. Like you said, it was probably only family.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would be hurt for sure
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No, I wouldn't be offended.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would but if it was only family I would understand
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• seems like it was family only if you were not invited. i wouldnt push or be upset.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 12:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't have been offended. It was her party and her choice to invite those she wanted to attend.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 2:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No, there is nothing to be offended about.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 5:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would ask if the fact your daughter did not get invited was an oversight and ask if they can have a sleep over to still celebrate her birthday?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If it was just for family than no. If she had a big party with non family then I would be hurt. Forget it and enjoy your friendship. It is the side of life that you feed which controls you. Focus on good things. Life is too short .. There will be plenty birthday parties in the future. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If it were only family, I wouldn't be offended. Just offer to get your kids together for a little b-day party for her
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010