• In the Spotlight:

Contiually Disapointed

Okay well My SO and I have have been trying to do the same activity for almost two weeks. And everytime he makes plans with me, something comes up..his mother needs him,his friends need him, he gets upset about something that has nothing to do with me, and doesnt show up. Or he will keep up with the "I;m coming" "I'm on my way" etc. But he then it gets too late, and it's always next time. Well this has been happening the last three times we've had plans. So today we have plans after i get outta work. I am already upset. Cuz i know it's gonna happen again. I would be shocked if it didn't. I am already upset just at the thought he may do this again. I feel used and pushed aside. Do you ladies have any advice on how to stand up to him if he does it again. I have already told him how i feel. Thanks

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 1:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't make plans with him! And if he suggests it let him know that you refuse to make plans with him because of the cancellations. Find something else to do, and honestly, I would question my relationship with someone who keeps you on the back burner when he has nothing "better" to do.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The next time he asks, I'd be telling him "no, I've made other plans".
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It sounds like he doesn't want to do this activity with you - what is it?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• what is the activity? could it be something he really really does not want to do? but is afraid of hurting your feelings?
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 1:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agre with scuba.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's just a date..dinner and a movie. and he acts real sorry. He calls me all the time and everything. But when it comes to keeping plans these last two weeks he can't seem to follow through. I want to know how to be FIRM when it happens again
    EttaMay

Comment by EttaMay (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• well if talking to him isn't working i don't know what advice to give you. cause i was going to say for you to say look you can't keep doing this to me. but since talking is not working i don't know. sorry wish i could of been of more help. maybe have him turn off his phone a couple of hrs before you are suppose to meet up. call him now and ask him to do it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Actually, he can keep doing this to you. He's been doing it - he's done it more than once. You can tell him "you can't" all you want, but he can keep doing it for as long as you'll allow it. And he probably will keep doing this to you - until you put a stop to it. I'd be telling him "no thanks" too.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010